Diplomat Managed File Transfer
Release Notes v8.3.1
*************** IMPORTANT ****************
1. All product documentation is now available at https://knowledgebase.coviantsoftware.com/.
2. All Diplomat Remote Agent sites MUST BE UPGRADED when upgrading to Diplomat MFT v8.x from versions earlier than Diplomat v7.1.
3. If you are upgrading from any Diplomat MFT v5.x or v6.x EARLIER than v6.2:
- BEFORE STARTING THE UPGRADE, be sure you know the domain, username and password for the network account associated with the Diplomat MFT Service. On Windows systems, this account is referenced in the Log On tab of the Properties page associated with the Diplomat MFT Service.
- IF YOU ARE USING CUSTOM PORTS, you must update the server.xml file typically located at C:\Program Files\Coviant Software\Diplomat-j\tomcatWebserver\conf.
See https://knowledgebase.coviantsoftware.com/knowledge-base/changing-diplomat-services-port-numbers/ for details on how to change port numbers.
4. Upgrading directly from v4.x or earlier of Diplomat Transaction Manager to Diplomat MFT v6.0 or later is not supported, please contact Coviant Software Support before proceeding.
5. The web.xml file is replaced during the Diplomat v5.x installation. The current web.xml file is renamed web.xml.old. If you believe that you have made changes to any settings in the web.xml file, please contact Coviant Software Support before proceeding.
6. The web.xml file is NOT replaced during an upgrade from Diplomat v5.x to Diplomat v6.x, v7.x or v8.0, v8.1, and v8.2.
7. In Diplomat MFT Standard and Enterprise Editions v6.2 through v7.0, jobs using File Monitoring can stop monitoring unexpectedly. No notifications are sent when the monitoring stops, so the Diplomat administrator is unaware of the problem. At this time, we strongly recommend that you DO NOT USE the File Monitoring feature for critical file transfer jobs, if you are still using Diplomat MFT v6.2 through v7.0.
Version 8.3.1 enhancements:
- Updated Diplomat Remote Agent capabilities to allow configuration for bandwidth control, retries, and block size.
- Added ability to specify a post-transfer custom command on a Diplomat Remote Agent.
- File Source(s) now supports Regular Expression matching.
- Added license auto-update feature.
- Updated Tomcat to 8.5.63, and latest native APR.
- Added File Idle Timeout for source triggering.
- Added “Tomorrow” option for Source File <DATE> Format
Version 8.3.1 bug fixes:
- SFTP operations now properly honor the “timeout” value specified in the partner details.
- Corrected Google Cloud Storage uploads when bucket listing is not available.
- Rename “Save As…” to “Clone As…”
- Improve handling of FTP transfers when MDTM and SIZE operations return non-standard results.
- Microsoft Azure transport now properly uses HTTPS, not HTTP, for File Shares.
- Corrected UI issues when configuring Slack and MS Teams web hooks.
- Corrected jobs to end in “WARNING” status when Source is remote, Destination is local, and at lest one source file is not transferred because it exists at destination and job is configured to “Never Overwrite”.
- Remove error logging of SFTP disconnection call stack.
- Fixed infinite timeout bug when doing a TEST on a socket
- No longer set ACL on Storage Objects uploaded to Google Cloud Storage
- File Monitor will now retry a given observed file if it is LOCKED when File Ready Condition checks locks and thus skipped that file for processing.
- Fixed Teams notification list format, which had previously failed to display the first entry in a list (resulting in an empty list if only one file had been transferred)
- Fix a Null Pointer Exception when loading a configuration that contained Google Cloud Storage as a source or destination partner.
- Fixed ZIP wildcard matching error on pre-job processing of OUTBOUND job.