- A Dropbox account.
- A Dropbox access token, which can grant access to different points of your account as follows:
- A 'Full Dropbox' token grants access to your entire account. The access point is the top level of your account and access is granted to the entire content of your account.
- An 'App Folder' token grants access to a particular sub-folder of your account. The access point is the specified sub-folder and access is granted to all of its content, including any of its sub-folders. However, no access is granted to the access point's parent folder or sibling folders.
2, Generate Dropbox Access Token
- Login to your Dropbox account.
- Navigate to https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps.
- Click 'Create app'.
- On the next screen:
- Click 'Dropbox API'.
- Click 'App Folder' or 'Full Dropbox', depending on the type of access point you want to create.
- Enter a name for the app. If you have chosen App Folder, the app name will also be the name of the folder accessed by the app. The app folder will be created automatically when you name the app.
- Click terms and conditions.
- Click 'Create App'..
- Click 'Generate' under Generate Access Token.
- Copy and paste the key into Diplomat's 'Access Token' field in the next step.
3. Set Up Diplomat Transaction
- Open the Diplomat MFT Client.
- Under Transactions in the top menu bar, select either Create Inbound or Create Outbound to create a new transaction.
- Choose 'Dropbox' as the transport type.
- Fill the 'Access Token' field with the account's access token generated in the previous step.
- The 'Directory' field is optional. When used, it refers to a sub-directory of the access point.
- Click the 'Test' button to see the current contents of your access point or sub-directory.